FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What age groups do you coach?
- EOTC has participating members ranging in age from 5 to 17
How many days of the week do you practice/train?
- We typically have practice/training sessions 3 days a week with competition on various weekends
When does the season start?
- Our season traditionally begins the second week of February, but it is recommended the interested participants begin some type of conditioning on their own before the season starts
What is the duration of a season?
- A typical season "runs" from February to May for Athletes training only or mid to late July for athletes in competition.
Where are competitions/meets usually held?
- Competitions/Meets are held throughout Florida with occasional events taking place in regional states (i.e. Georgia, Alabama, Carolinas etc.)
How do I know if I should register my athlete for competitions/meets?
- We know; your athlete is fast, but this doesn't mean he or she is ready for competition. Every athlete is evaluated by the coaching staff for not only physical capabilities, but mental capabilities as well. This is not an everyone wins environment. Competitions/Meets are highly competitive with athletes from around Florida attempting to qualify for AAU and USATF Junior Olympics.
What is the length of a competition/meet?
- The length of competitions/meets varies depending on the number of participants, the experience of the host and the efficiency of the support staff. Small competitions/meets can be completed in approximately 4-6 hours; however, although EOTC has never endured this, some competitions/meets can run for 12 hours or more. There are cases in which some competitions/meets we attend will be run over the course of 2-3 days.